It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Austin
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 am 
With Tory Winchester back at Austin that leaves 12 players with varsity experience and 4 incoming freshmen that all expect to play next year.There will be alot of ticked off players and parents next year.You play the kids that played last year and some of the freshmen may leave or you play the freshmen and have a bunch of kids that played alot last year upset.

Post subject: Re: Austin
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:13 pm 
Legend

Can't please em all.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:59 pm 
since you only won 5 games last year better play the kids that can win some games if they are freshman or a transfer from scottsburg then let it be viewed as something positive.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm 
tough situation for Tory Winchester. didn't he sit out last year to play for his brother?
surely hes not sitting out senior season?
where is Anthony Winchester going?
and you gotta play best players,doesn't always happen especially in smaller schools.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 am 
The playing time at AUSTIN should be simple, play the players that give you the best chance to win regardless of experience. That is what good coaches do and what some parents have trouble supporting. Good luck to the Eagles.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 pm 
Ben Baker is probably the only one I'd say is a sure starter.Aside from him there really is no pecking order at this point.Do you go with the more mature and experienced kids?Or do you go with talent and hope they learn how to play in a hurry?For example,Marcus Fleenor.He is maybe the most talented of the incoming freshmen but the one less likely to see alot of playing time on varsity cause there are so many returners at his position.At this point he is not as physical and doesn't know how to play in a team setting like the other kids.However,he's 6'1 and growing and the other kids are around 5'10 or so.He can shoot just as well as those kids but he can also take it to the basket and post up and the other kids can't.Do you play kids that are experienced but limited or Fleenor that has talent but may lack in some areas at this point?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm 
All-Star

If the seniors and juniors to be played the sophmores and freshmen who would win?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm 
Looks like my prediction is coming true.I've heard from several people that at least two of the freshmen won't be at Austin next year.Anyone else heard this?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:09 pm 
All-Star

As long as Mike Deaton's there those kids aren't going anywhere.Unfortunately it looks like Mike will be gone by the end of the week.I realize Mike rubs some people the wrong way but I hate to see him go and it's sad the way he's being let go.

What effect his departure has on the freshmen or any other players I have no idea.If there are departures it will be less about who the coach is and more to do with off the court factors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:17 am 
Heard the meeting to fire Mike was tonight(Friday) and that Jared Peterson would be the replacement.Can Pawn or anyone else confirm or deny this?If it is true what's your opinion of Peterson as the new coach?