Hoosier Hills Hoops Southern Indiana Basketball Report Discussion Forums
http://www.hoosierhillshoops.com/forum/

New Washington
http://www.hoosierhillshoops.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46269
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cardsfan2014 [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  New Washington

Thank you for someone on here finally recognizing that another team in this southern Indiana had a great season. Seven seniors deserved more respect and print this year than what was given to them. 1A schools have to fight harder than these schools that have 2000 kids to choose from for their sports teams. Thank you New Washington for a fantastic ride....and thank you to my wonderful son Stevie Mack...6 double doubles in tournament play, your character on and off the court is second to none....

Author:  NAtroll12 [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

cardsfan2014 wrote:
1A schools have to fight harder than these schools that have 2000 kids to choose from for their sports teams.

Aren't you competing against other 1A teams in the tournament?
Yes, the 4A teams generally have more access to talent, but they usually have to beat teams with D1 and sometimes even high-major recruits on their roster before they can play in a semi-state, where they will almost certainly face players with high-major talent and in some years NBA talent.

Author:  patrick [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

cardsfan2014 wrote:
Thank you for someone on here finally recognizing that another team in this southern Indiana had a great season. Seven seniors deserved more respect and print this year than what was given to them. 1A schools have to fight harder than these schools that have 2000 kids to choose from for their sports teams. Thank you New Washington for a fantastic ride....and thank you to my wonderful son Stevie Mack...6 double doubles in tournament play, your character on and off the court is second to none....


Was so happy for New Washington to make their run. I don't have any ties to the school but got to watch them 3 games this season and enjoyed watching them. They were good for their size. Fun to see the smaller communities make a good run and have a good team. Even though the talent isn't on the levels of Jeff and N.A. the hustle and desire is just the same. I often times enjoy a really good small school team as compared to a big one bcos of the rarity it happens and the support from the entire community. Congrats to the Mustangs for fun ride you gave your small town. Lookimg ahead to next yr, it's Henryville's season to make their run similar to what NW did this yr. You're on deck Hornets!

Author:  unclesam21 [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

patrick wrote:
cardsfan2014 wrote:
Thank you for someone on here finally recognizing that another team in this southern Indiana had a great season. Seven seniors deserved more respect and print this year than what was given to them. 1A schools have to fight harder than these schools that have 2000 kids to choose from for their sports teams. Thank you New Washington for a fantastic ride....and thank you to my wonderful son Stevie Mack...6 double doubles in tournament play, your character on and off the court is second to none....


Was so happy for New Washington to make their run. I don't have any ties to the school but got to watch them 3 games this season and enjoyed watching them. They were good for their size. Fun to see the smaller communities make a good run and have a good team. Even though the talent isn't on the levels of Jeff and N.A. the hustle and desire is just the same. I often times enjoy a really good small school team as compared to a big one bcos of the rarity it happens and the support from the entire community. Congrats to the Mustangs for fun ride you gave your small town. Lookimg ahead to next yr, it's Henryville's season to make their run similar to what NW did this yr. You're on deck Hornets!


Paoli might have something to say about that. Both teams have a lot to look forward to next season though.

Author:  patrick [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

unclesam21 wrote:
patrick wrote:
cardsfan2014 wrote:
Thank you for someone on here finally recognizing that another team in this southern Indiana had a great season. Seven seniors deserved more respect and print this year than what was given to them. 1A schools have to fight harder than these schools that have 2000 kids to choose from for their sports teams. Thank you New Washington for a fantastic ride....and thank you to my wonderful son Stevie Mack...6 double doubles in tournament play, your character on and off the court is second to none....


Was so happy for New Washington to make their run. I don't have any ties to the school but got to watch them 3 games this season and enjoyed watching them. They were good for their size. Fun to see the smaller communities make a good run and have a good team. Even though the talent isn't on the levels of Jeff and N.A. the hustle and desire is just the same. I often times enjoy a really good small school team as compared to a big one bcos of the rarity it happens and the support from the entire community. Congrats to the Mustangs for fun ride you gave your small town. Lookimg ahead to next yr, it's Henryville's season to make their run similar to what NW did this yr. You're on deck Hornets!


Paoli might have something to say about that. Both teams have a lot to look forward to next season though.


I didn't get a chance to see them this yr. What do they have coming back? They haven't been really good in a while, would love to see them good again! That way I have an excuse to hit up Superburger! I know Henryville has Nick Walker coming back who is a very good player for the Hornets, plus an 8th grader that from my eyes will be getting plenty of varsity minutes next yr.

Author:  unclesam21 [ Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

Paoli will return everyone. The Rams dont really have a standout player but instead have alot of good players. They probably go 8 or 9 deep and also have a very good 8th grader moving up. Believe his name is Brett Bosley. He will be a good one!

Author:  uncranger [ Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

The Paoli Regional should be an interesting one next year . Paoli will be coming off a 15-9 season , return everyone & sounds like they have at least one incoming Freshman they could make an impact . Henryville is coming off a 19-6 season & I believe return their leading scorer & some other players that made contributions . Those two should have some nice battles to see who gets out of their sectional .

Forest Park I think has a legit shot to make a return appearance . They went 18-10 losing by 4 in the Regional to a Crawford County team that made it all the way to State . The Rangers return all 5 starters & 1,463 of their 1,496 points . In addition , The Rangers could get a major contribution from incoming Freshman Curt Hopf . Hopf is probably already 6-5 or 6-6 & continues to grow . He is the brother of 2006 Indiana All-Star (Clint Hopf) & the cousin of 2005 Indiana All-Star ( Brandon Hopf) .

Barr-Reeve will get to move back down to 1A this season but Linton could return to the Paoli Regional after an absence this season . Linton went 20-5 is well coached & only gave up 41.7 PPG . Not sure what all Linton returns though ?

I have no idea who will come out of the South Ripley Sectional ? In recent years , that sectional seems to be the weakest .

Author:  patrick [ Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Washington

Nice preview uncranger. In my mind this will be one of the more interesting and fun regionals the next 3-4 yrs. It sounds like Paoli returns a nice team, with a good freshman in the mix, as well as the benefit of playing the regional on their home floor if they make it. I did not get a chance to see Paoli this past yr and am looking forward to seeing them next yr. I did get a chance to watch Henryville a few games and it's hard to imagine a better individual player in that sectional/ regional than Nick Walker. And the 8th grade boy for the Hornets is one of the better offensive scorers I've seen at that level. The game I saw I believe he had 35-38 or their 50 or so points. Sounds like there's alot of 8th grade talent in this regional, the Paoli kid that was mentioned, the boy from Henryville, the big boy Hopf from FP, South Ripley has a upcoming freshman that will be playing aau summer ball with Indiana Elite, and Southwestern's 8th graders had a great team and record with 3-4 of them possibly getting varsity minutes next yr. As of now I'd give Southwestern the edge in that last sectional, top scorer returning, a couple returning starters, jv conference champs, and a darn good 8th grade class coming up (and their 7th grade is almost just as good)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/