It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Switzerland over southwestern?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:07 pm 
Watched this game tonight. Shocked at the lack of coaching from Southwestern ?! I went to scout as I was informed that Southwestern was supposed to be good? But as a media member and an AP voter I am not impressed!

Post subject: Re: Switzerland over southwestern?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 pm 
MVP

I've been on this site for many many years and I try to stay away from any kind of controversy and/or argumentative posts back and forth with another member, but...... if you are a member of the media and a AP voter, why are you on a message board bashing the coaching or lack thereof a high school coach. I would hope that you would be more professional than that. You can respond but I will not get into anything more than that. I have zero ties to the school.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am 
MVP

agree with bball_junkie. Complete lack of professionalism.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:24 am 
Ditto.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm 
MVP

After thinking it over for a few days, I have come to the conclusion you probably need to surrender your AP voting privileges. Besides the problem with posting on here and losing all resemblance of objectivity, what about the "scouting" you talked about? Were you scouting for a particular basketball program, or did you use the term scouting to mean you were just there to watch for yourself to get an idea of what teams are like in the area? I do not see how you can have an AP vote (I am talking intellectual integrity here) while working for/with a particular basketball program.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:59 pm 
Legend

Aged_One, shooterfly, and BB Junkie,
I have to agree with you.
It seems really out of place for "a media member and AP voter"
to make those negative public statements.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 pm 
MVP

aged_one - I'm going to take it a step further and say this poster isn't a AP voter or even a media member, rather than a parent of a kid who is unhappy with the Southwestern program and/or it's coaches. First time poster using the name Rebelastro who wants to put down the coaching. Rebelastro never gave any facts of the game only to say the Rebels had lack of coaching. Isn't Southwestern's nickname the "Rebels". I could be wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 pm 
MVP

bb_junkie,

That's really what I've thought pretty much since the original post. I haven't known an active media member who would a) post something like that on a message board, or if they did, b) reveal they were a media member - one with an AP vote at that! Not even in an opinion column the first week of the season. I agree. Sounds like a disgruntled relative or friend, or even a player. Rebelastro = Rebel Star?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 pm 
2015-16 High School Girls basketball season: I'm thinking Switzerland County and North Posey for the upcoming basketball season? What do you think? Im new to all of this. So, I will be learning what to post and not to post . That way I dont offend anybody. Also, I was thinking Washington's Lady Hatchets have been quiet lately. I really think Switzerland County and South Ripley/North Posey could surprise everyone and be at the state finals next year. Thanks for reading this.