All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NORTH HARRISON STATE BOUND
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:47 pm 
Varsity

Congrats to THE NORTH HARRISON LADYCATS WINNING 3A SIMISTATE 59-42 over Lebenon

Post subject: Re: NORTH HARRISON STATE BOUND
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:14 pm 
MVP

Congrats and good luck.Be pulling hard for NH.Not a big fan of Heritage Christian and schools of that ilk that play by different rules.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:43 am 
Varsity

Yeah pawn we all feel it might get ugly ( have 5 D1 players) ... IHSAA needs get a clue with this private/ public school stuff, I'm all about the best teams wins theory but would like to atleast have a equal playing field ... If the IHSAA not gonna start doing a better job making it equal then, should go back to a 1 class Tournament. JMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 am 
Varsity

I went back 10 yrs in the girls state champions for each class... This is what I found ;

3A- 6 out last 10 champions has been private schools

2A- 9 out last 10 champions has been private( Austin only public school to win it)

1A- 8 out last 10 champion has been private

No private has won 4A championship last 10 yrs

But other 3 classes is just ridiculous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:11 am 
Varsity

This was far and away the most predictable result of class basketball, even moreso than the overall decline in attendance. Look at the football results (non-5A) in the decade before the IHSAA did the vote on class basketball, see how many times you see the names Bishop Noll, Roncalli, Bishop Luers, Cathedral, Bishop Dwenger, Scecina, Mater Dei, Providence and Cardinal Ritter pop up in the state finals. And it's only become more pronounced. At what point will the complaining stop? They don't play against big schools anymore. They don't want to play private schools. Elite programs that have sustained success are moved up to a higher division. And still the complaining is ceaseless.

Good luck to North Harrison this weekend. Not because Heritage Christian is a private school. More because NH is local and HC's coach is a pompous ass.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:38 pm 
Varsity

I understand it is what it is , I'm a NA graduate and was so against class sports but if this is the way it's gonna be please don't sit there and say it's fair? u can't tell me that heritage Christian don't recruit girls to play just like park Tudor on boy side, Austin had to deal with it when they had that great team and North will too , but it don't make it right , all you ask is a fighter chance and with 5 D1 girls on 1 team kinda tough .. But I'm sure the LADYCATS ARE GOING UP THERE TO WIN AND I WILL BE THERE CHEERING THEM ON !!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 pm 
Varsity

The next decent player that transfers in to Heritage Christian after their freshman year begins will be the first, and that's going back a dozen years or so since they became a full IHSAA school. I'm anti-recruiting but if a kid is there on the 1st day of school their 9th grade year, I'm not going to get too worked up about it thereafter. I gave up that after the Hoosier Hills Conference had Mr. Basketball winners from Floyd Central (1989) and Jeffersonville (1993) that were move-ins from Borden and New Albany. Seen way too much of it on the public school side of things to generate any private school animosity. That said, pulling like crazy for North Harrison. Karma owes them one for 2003, when they were the best 3A team in the state and only blind crazy luck cost them the title. Missy is a great coach and is due for the brass ring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:06 am 
Varsity

Yes it does. Let's just hope Karma is on the LADYCATS side this time .... If North could some how pull this off might be one of the biggest upsets in girls basketball!