It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8th grade players
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:39 am 
Can anyone tell me who the best 8th graders are in southern Indiana

Post subject: Re: 8th grade players
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:09 pm 
Junior Varsity

I don't know, but St Mary's of the Knob's is having an 8th grade tournament this Saturday that will have a lot of the better area teams playing. Some of the teams playing will be Highland Hills, Silver Creek, Salem, Madison, Jeffersonville, Providence & Scottsburg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 am 
Junior Varsity

Recap on the tournament this weekend; Providence beat Highland Hills in a highly competitive game that went into overtime. In the semi's, Providence got by Salem in another overtime game while Highland Hills beat Silver Creek in a very physical game. Overall, all the teams played hard which showed in several overtime games and the fans got to see some of the areas best teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:40 pm 
Some of the best 8th grade girls in Southern Indiana from my view point is:
Samantha Mathews: Charlestown
Chelsey Gibson: River Valley
Mariea Franklin: Parkview
Kendra Ray: Parkview
Tory Handley: Parkview

Although they are kids their basketball IQ is very high. and can fill the stat sheet up if given the chance. Parkview as a team is the best school team in southern Indiana. It's not even close.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 am 
The Franklin girl is a beast she put up 22 against silver creek 4 for 5 from three point range. She also put up 14 against Scribner. I haven't seen the others, the Franklin kid stood out big time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 am 
Would add Jorie Allen from Shawswick, about 6'1 and can handle like a guard. She may end up being better than her sister who is going to Michigan State.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:37 pm 
Varsity

North Harrison 8th grade team has a player that should help our varsity next yr. don't kno 1st name but last is Hatton (Steve Hatton who played at Clarksville..back in late 80s early 90s is her dad ).. If she can get taller(and think she will. Dad 6'6 and heard mom is 6'1 or taller) then she could start... There's also another guard on their team but again don't know 1st name only last: Rhodes that could see some varsity minutes.... With what Nh varsity has now 4 Fr. 1soph and 2 jrs being their top 7 this yr and couple other freshman on jv ... NH lady basketball could make some noise next few yrs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:57 am 
Agree the Hatton girl is not only tall but very aggressive with rebounding and is probably the best post player outside of the Allen girl I have seen this year, scoring is not something NH will need from her with all the talent they have around her. MSC should be interesting battle next few years between them and Brownstown. I'm not sure the guard you are referring to will be much help to them until her jr year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 am 
Varsity

You might be right on Rhodes girl cause north is loaded with good young guards in front of her.... I'm really looking forward to see Hatton with a better supporting cast around her in hs next yr where she can roam a little more free because of the better players ... Like u said north varsity won't need her to put up 20 a game next yr but they need her to give them some kind of a presents in the paint... hopefully she can be a beast on the boards cause that's what NH Varsity is missing right now ... Should be fun for next few yrs at North...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 pm 
I would add the Fugate girl from Paoli.